Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Refashon a dress into a top


Refashion a summer dress into a strapless top 

Day One

I picked this little summer dress to refashion

Short Roxy dress


Yes I use to wear this little thing, now I can't get it over my bust if I could it wouldn't cover my bumbum. So I won't entertain you with a photo of my trying to put it on.

What do you think of the cute plastic heart on the back?  I know I too thought it was... special.

First thing first, I chopped that off!

I'm having a flash back from the 80's



Next I cut the top part away from the elastic, leaving about an inch seam allowance.  But when I cut the top part away I fount that the original top was double layered.   So I left the two raw edges sticking up and I stretched them apart.  This makes the fabric curl in a way that I love. It gave the top a bit of a ruffle, with out having to spend the time to make a ruffle! I like it.  It is pretty slimming in my post baby belly area and I can nurse the baby in this top! What do you think?  This was so fast and easy.  I hope you like it and give it a try.

Dress refashioned into top

3 comments:

  1. Lookin' good girl! I think yo look great after having a baby. It is hard to do everything and take care of a little thing that needs everything done for them. I think that trying one thing a day is a great start. I admit that my craft mojo usually did not kick back in to high gear for about 2 years after giving birth. Not to discourage you or anything =0) I breast fed each of my babies for a whole year and that just drains you and then I'd start to sew a little, then hot glue a little, and now, apparently I am unstoppable. So I totally am giving you props for doing this!! Keep it up. And I noticed Anne Hollobaugh of WobiSobi is a follower. I l.o.v.e he rblog! Good job!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim!
    OMG I just wrote you such a long reply that I decided I better email it! :) It was a little TMI for a reply...So email is coming.

    I also LOVE Ann's blog she inspires me to just go craft! She has great style too.

    But... your blog is just as inspirational. OMG when I saw your lamp I was in love, and an instant fan and follower. That stuff is so popular up here in Lake Tahoe. You could sell them here left and right I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey, you look great! Definitely a great refashion. Love the new shirt.

    ReplyDelete