Monday, March 5, 2012

No-Sew nursing slimming tank

I am sure most of you know the “make any top into a nursing top with a tank” method.  It is a great for hiding your stomach while nursing but I don’t love this method. I always feel disheveled and bulkier(just what I need after having a baby right) I needed something that would look great while trying to calm the screaming poop machine….and slimming…why yes I need to look slimmer, my belly was just stretched to the size of a beach ball.  So I made this in about 18 minuets including taking the photos yelling at the dogs calming the screaming poop machine and begging Big T to take photos.  So I know you can whip up this little no-sew number in no time.



step 1
Get a shape-wear top.  You can buy a new one but better yet get a used one.



Step 2
Try on and trace around your nursing bra
See my chalk line under the bust?


Step 3
Cut out
If yours has a seam like mine cut above it.

Step 4(optional)
If your fabric is a type that will fray use this amazing stuff!
All no-sew Mamas must have this in the house!


Ta Da !

Me before and after.  Nursing shape wear sucks it all in for me.
 look how slimming this no-sew nursing top is!  I wear one of these everyday!  I hope you like this idea.  Thank you for looking.

I hope you make one or more for your self.  It was so easy that any busy Mom can make one in less that 10 minuets.  I would love to see your before and after pictures of the slimming effects of the nursing shape wear.  So please send me a picture of your version of this top.







2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I shall remember this for the next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was shocked at just how well it slimmed the post baby belly.

      This can also work if you are not nursing just to slim the belly and show off your... assets ;)

      Delete